Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is the solution to content complexity. As companies increase in size, they must control and optimise digital media across numerous sites and channels. This content must also follow SEO guidelines and uphold site-performance. In addition, companies need to keep their marketing materials relevant to produce an omnichannel experience. Adobe Experience Manager will help you overcome all of these challenges.
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) & Omnichannel Experience
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is an enterprise content management system that optimises the authoring, management, and delivery of content and digital media. AEM allows you to create unique digital experiences and manage fully context-specific messages that scale across products, services, organisations, and countries. According to Adobe, teams deliver new brand and country sites 66% faster and are 23% more productive after shifting to AEM. In short, it helps you give the right person a personalised message at the perfect moment.
Why Leading Companies Choose Adobe Experience Manager over other CMS Solutions:
- Flexibility & Scalability: makes the process easier of getting your content across many sites, hundreds of users, countless visitors, and dozens of languages
- Best-in-class Tools: is repeatedly ranked as the leading CMS tool and also integrates with Adobe Experience Cloud, a leader in digital commerce
- Easy-to-use CMS: offers inline editing and drag-and-drop functionality, among many other features to help your marketing team boost their productivity
- Personalised & Content-driven Experiences: delivers a best-in-class B2C and B2B shopping experience, supported by integration with Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics to create an unparalleled marketing machine
- Versatility: has an adaptable platform with a fast roll-out speed and is flexible to support various digital business models
- Simple Add-on Functionality: allows you to use add-ons through third parties and Magento marketplace—it also has a large developer community, creating additional enhancements and models
AEM’s demonstrated success in simplifying content management is why enterprises are choosing it over other competitors. AEM was named the Leader in Gartner's 2021 Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management research.
Why an Omnichannel Strategy is important
In 2021, companies need to be digital-first. 35% of U.S. consumers said they would be happy if they never made an in-store retail purchase again. For example, Nike is betting that this behaviour continues and projects 50% of its sales to come from eCommerce by 2025. With global brands changing their organisations and in-store presence to support eCommerce, it’s your time to move in a new direction.
This new direction is known as experience-driven commerce, where you assist shoppers on their customer journey regardless of the sales channel. Physical no longer drives customer experience: 63% of baby boomers, the most faithful in-store shoppers, say that curbside and in-store pickup improved their overall shopping experience. Given the recent changes in consumer behaviour, AEM ensures that you can meet shoppers online and create an omnichannel experience that earns their loyalty.
Consumers are engaging with businesses through numerous channels, and this engagement extends from awareness to the shopper's post-purchase needs. They use various channels to research and purchase their products: physical stores, eCommerce websites, online marketplaces (Amazon, Alibaba), social media, mobile, email, etc. Businesses also attract customers via social ads, personalised email marketing, push notifications, live chat, and direct messaging. Companies, fearing poor customer experience, are responding to consumer interests through moving towards an omnichannel experience. This is why industry leaders, such as Helly Hansen, are using Adobe Experience Manager and ensuring that their content is manageable across channels and countries.
Integrating Adobe Marketing Cloud and Adobe Experience Cloud Tools
Companies are once again choosing suites over point solutions. While point solutions offer the best option to solve a specific problem, they require resources and patience to integrate them into your business. With resources and patience in short supply during the COVID-19 pandemic, all-in-one suites—an integrated system of tools from a single vendor—are taking over.
The preference for suites over point solutions is evident in martech. For example, 59% of marketers preferred marketing suites compared to 36% who chose the best-of-breed solution. This conclusion benefits the more prominent industry players, such as Adobe, which offer a comprehensive martech stack. Moreover, both cost pressures and economic turmoil are forcing martech optimisation and innovation. These factors put Adobe in an even better position as they can continue to optimise their offering and innovate to give your team the key tools for long-term success.
AEM integrates with other core Adobe Cloud tools used by both mid-level and enterprise-class merchants. Here are some of the other Adobe tools:
- Adobe Creative Cloud is a collection of tools for graphic design, video editing, web development, photography, along with a set of mobile applications.
- Adobe Cloud Analytics helps you measure the experience your visitors have with your brand and optimise experiences based on what you see.
- Adobe Target allows you to segment users for personalised website experiences.
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a content management system that optimises the authoring, management, and delivery of content and digital media.
- AEM has consistently outperformed its competitors and bridges the gap between creating content and offering an omnichannel experience personalised to your customers’ needs.
- The current trends of being digital-first and available across channels make AEM a critical addition to your tech stack.
- The adoption of suites over point solutions indicates the market’s choice to take flexible and easy-to-use suites, such as Adobe Experience Cloud, over best-of-breed solutions.
- The Adobe Experience Cloud increases the benefits of Adobe Experience Manager, offering more opportunities to sync data and resources across systems.
Vaimo is one of the world’s most respected experts in digital commerce. As a full-service omnichannel agency, we deliver strategy, design, development and managed services to brands, retailers and manufacturers all over the world.
Our sharp focus, broad experience and deep expertise within B2B, B2C, PIM, Order Management and ERP integrations makes us a key partner for driving success in digital commerce. Our 10+ years track record of technical excellence coupled with our proven results in helping our clients succeed with business development, digital strategy and customer experience design is proudly manifested in our status as an Adobe Platinum Partner.
With local offices in 14+ markets across EMEA, APAC and North America and over 500 employees, we provide an international presence that allows us to cultivate close, long-term relationships with our clients.