Last week, Vaimo International hosted the American Chamber of Commerce Estonia (AmCham) for its opening morning series seminar on the ‘Foundations for Ecommerce Success.’ In addition, this was also one of the first events under the umbrella of AmCham’s newly launched Digital Society Committee.
The talk was led by Vaimo’s Senior Digital Strategy Consultant, Mattias Kindell. Mattias is part of Vaimo’s Strategy & Consulting Team that combines business insight and digital enablement to help our clients succeed in eCommerce.
Photo: Sergei Krasii, Fotki Agency
In a far-ranging presentation, Mattias charted the growth in eCommerce and the impact that this has had on both consumer expectations and business strategy. Fuelled by the growth in social, mobile and our near-instant access to information, the customer’s journey from awareness through to final purchase is now an extremely complex one.
With their fragmented buying habits, the modern-day consumer now demands experience-driven and personalised interactions across all stages of the buying cycle. And if they don’t get it, they have the means to simply switch to a competitor brand.
It’s those businesses that are able to provide extra value to their customers across devices and touchpoints, therefore, that will succeed in the digital era.
Photo:Sergei Krasii, Fotki Agency
But with the eCommerce landscape shifting at rapid speed, it can often be difficult for businesses to know where to start and what to prioritise. Mattias then went on to cover the key areas to focus on to hit your eCommerce goals:
- Define your strategy — to start, you need a clear, detailed vision that aligns with your overall business goals.
- Bridge together a cross-organisational team — embarking on an eCommerce initiative requires close collaboration from a range of departments. C-level, IT, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, Finance—all must be involved on the digital journey together.
- Select a partner that has the right technology toolbox to deliver your goals.
- Aim for omnichannel — customers expect a seamless experience with your brand no matter when, where or how they choose to shop.
- Scalable hosting — to thrive, your eCommerce store needs fast, scalable and reliable hosting.
We’d like to extend a huge thank you to AmCham for this opportunity to host and present the inaugural event of its morning series—It was great to connect with both new and old faces here at Vaimo International. You can learn more about AmCham’s work here.
And if you have any questions around your own eCommerce initiatives and how you can get started, then just reach out to a member of our team today!